Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today

Woke up today in a pretty sad mood. I have been sleeping really soundly, and as a result, I've been having really odd/upsetting dreams that last all the way until my alarm goes off. I've been having a harm time waking up because of this, but this morning was especially hard because the dream was about my Grandpa. I don't remember the specifics, but I couldn't shake the sad feeling until around my lunch break.

Really it wasn't a particularly bad day. The kids were good and we made it through all of our rotations in good time. I have the best assistants I've ever had and they both help to make the day go by so smoothly. I think I might lose my mind if I lose either one of them. I am concerned about the class though, because we are supposed to be getting a new child tomorrow who is severely autistic. I am kind of worried about being able to provide for his needs adequately with the number of children we already have in the class. However, I have met his mother on a number of occasions and she seems like a genuinely caring and helpful person and I think things will be okay after some adjustment.

But I digress. Lunch was fabulous. I got to stop in to my favorite little Greek restaurant today and ordered the best chicken and dumplings you can get anywhere (I know...not really Greek, but you have to understand...these dumplings are a little slice of Heaven.) Miss Ellie (the owner) was in the back cooking away and her son always remembers me when I come in (he should by now, I've been going there for five years now.) I felt much better after that meal.

The rest of the afternoon went well until the washing machine in the laundry room at the school decided to start leaking everywhere while my class's laundry was in the wash. Luckily I had my work for the day already done...I had wanted to get a head start on a few things before I left, but that didn't happen. Ah well.

Got home and sat down to watch T.V. for a bit. Corbin came up to snuggle with me on my chest while I sat there, which is always nice. He is a total mama's cat. I made beef and broccoli over rice for dinner and had a slice of my mother-in-law's awesome amaretto cheesecake for dessert. Corbin sat with me while I decorated some pumpkins afterwards and watched "The Green Mile" with me for a little while.

So that was the day in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to this weekend because I have some crafty things up my sleeve and I'm pretty excited to get started on them. Headed off to dreamland. Goodnight all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment